Monday, December 29, 2008

this is 2008

Life is like having on your hands on many separate blackjack games simultaneously.

We withdraw from some tables and get involved with new ones. Like how we went from full-time student to full-time employee. The last set of card dealt from the game of school resulted in a paper certificate and a commencement ceremony of a whole new card game called career. Ambition is like the first set of unopened cards, where things are still fluid and uncertain - place for hope. For those like me who don’t know what to expect, we only hope to win. With the chances of a sure win scarce, we can only try to fight for the optimal. Still, we win some we lose some.

And in the table of family and friendships, we gave some a hard time and vice versa. Yet they sat alongside as we all battle against this necessary game of life. But some withdrew from our game so unexpectedly and didn’t give us a chance to recoup our losses.

I guess this is how I can best sum it up. Life - something you can never reconcile your winnings or losses, measure your happiness and unhappiness. I won this much, I lost this much. I am this happy and this sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you said you weren't good with words. haha. I enjoyed this entry, just thought I'd let you know.

Have a blessed 2009 ahead :)

- yx

eu said...

thanks. hope u enjoyed ur holidays. meet up soon?