Monday, May 28, 2007

1st Day - Hanoi


too many pictures. fi & i had 3G of memory space each, so go figure. so i'd do this selectively here. May 10th... TigerAir. No arrowbridge, so its straight up to the aircraft, pretending its your private jet. 3 hours later, its *Xin Chao Ha Noi!

the 1st coffeejoint we visited and it overlooks the Hoan Kiem Lake. Had my coffee and couldnt sleep that night. my sleepless night in Hanoi... i think i almost drove fiona crazy.


shops/houses in Vietnam are narrow, tiny and stacked up. so if you have more money, you add 1 more layer of space in your house. So there's always these steep & narrow staircases. one of those few occurances that I have to watch my head. Same goes for our hotels, the amount of stairs we have to climb! by the time we reach our room, we are panting. hahaha

* xin chao is hello in vietnamese. read as xin jiao. yes, like 'new bird' in hokkien. repeat after me, xin chao!

No comments: