Monday, July 07, 2008

i am weak but he is strong

it has been a great weekend - energized and recharged from the good food, good company and an interesting service. went for the hokkien service on sunday with yb's mum and it was really different to hear preaching in another tonggue. in my mind, hokkien words were furiously being translated into english simultaneously. and when i have that scrunched up look of not understanding, yb's mom will explain to me in chinese. and singing "Jesus Loves Me This I Know" in hokkien, makes it seems like familiar yet new song which touched my heart anew.

over dinner last night, jfeng filled me in on the awards happenings. congratulations Gary for the well deserved win!

Gary Cao Ge, nominated for Best Male Mandarin Artist (Popular Music) for thesecond time, was selected as the recipient of the prestigious honor for the 19th Golden Melody Awards.

Newly "crowned" Best Male Mandarin Artist (Popular Music) Gary Cao received the award from the hands of Eason Chan YiXun, who had also been nominated for Best Male Mandarin Artist. In his acceptance speech, he thanked all of his supporting fans, his friends, and his family. He especially thanked his girlfriend for clearing up the rumors and speculations that he was,in fact, gay
.

yesyes, he's the man!! other deserving artistes includes Tanya (Best Female and Best Producer), SodaGreen (Best band) and Karen Mok (Best Album). I was rolling my eyes internally at jay chou's and fang wen shan's win at Qing Hua Ci (best song??) and of cos stupid jo-cannot-speak-english-lin and the rumour she is with Peng Yu Yan. NOOBLOODYWAY! pardon the media bitch in me talking. ok, have a great week all!

p/s: i just did a boo-boo. a phonecall came in and instinctively i picked up and happily went "good morning Fed.." then i caught my tongue and heard the "SHIT" running through my head. hahahhaa. talk about habit.

No comments: