Saturday, July 05, 2008

on food, music and travel


tried and tested!
Kim Dae Mun at Le Meridien Hotel - cheap and good korean food.

a good spicy korean fare always gives a warm, fuzzy, ahhhhhh feeling. just like the ramyun i had at Phnom Penh and the stew at Taipei 101. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

on another note, this morning as I was getting ready to go out - blowdrying my hair with my radio switched on.... Olivia Ong's Close to You started playing. What coincidence and it was on 9.33fm a chinese radio station no less. That song is my morning alarm, which woke us up for the 12 days we spent in taiwan. listening to it every morning whenever the alarm rings still brings back memory of Taiwan even though there's also a big part of me groaning at the need to wake up at 6.30am to get to work.
Listening to Olivia ong's 'Close to you' (kope from eunice handphone) and it reminded me of the alarm we had in Taiwan. First night in Taiwanmex, we had to wake up 5 am in the morning, and this was the first song i heard. From than on, it kept coming back into my head in the mornings to come.
....yongbin
i suppose that's the beauty of our 5 senses - capturing memories and bringing a sense of familiarity and nostalgia in sights, taste, sounds, smell and touch.

No comments: