Wednesday, June 20, 2007

return of (super)tutor

adopted sijia's tuition kids and the 1st session happened last night. 1st time that i'm teaching such a young kid (Pri 1), and being so used to the get-straight-down-to-the-books approach, it was kinda difficult for me to half teach & half cajole her. It is hard to be so harsh on such a young kid when midway u see her maid bringing in a glass of milk for her, she tells u about the drawing she draws and then requests for a story to be told to her - about crows. WHICH TOTALLY CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE. eunice can tell u no story! (unless u wanna hear stories about my mum.)

so..... i was like "whoa... are u testing me?"
little girl: (innocent look) "actually i have a story in my mind already"
me: "OHHh... why dont you tell me then?" (i thought i was very clever to have turned the situation around in my favour)

out came her paper and pencil, so as she told her story.. she was drawing the beaker and stopped midway in her attempt to draw a crow.

little girl: "i dont know how to draw crow, can help me draw?"

eunice so CANNOT draw to save her life. but i had to do it right.... so the end product looked like a chicken, to which she said "aiyah, nevermind"

sijia *laoshi, HOW??? i hope she doesn't ask me for any story or drawings!

*ps: she actually referred to you as sijia laoshi. hahaha. u hear liao u wont paiseh meh?
pps: apparently the crow story she told me, is the one u told her, i swear she is testing me. haha

tonight is round 2 with her Pri 3 brother.

Season 2 - The return of the (super)tutor
Episode 1: crow drawing

out

No comments: