Tuesday, September 11, 2007

inari sushi

saturday's our cook-in session so i thought i should try out something new so..... here's my.....



inari sushi !!
*sushi in an aburaage (beanbag)

inari sushi can be commonly at all sushi places including take-away counters. i really like the combination of rice and the sweetness of the sauce from the marinated aburaage.

pre-prepared bean bags apparently can be found but well, this isn't Japan exactly so they aren't so easily found. so i made my bean bags from sweet bean bag myself from normal fried tofu squares (i.e.: which is we Singaporeans know as tau pok) by marinating it with soy sauce & sugar. How to DIY.

sounds easy but not when you have to worry about whether it will be salty enough, sweet enough, soft enough. fortunately for me, my mum was there to help taste.

After squeezing dry the bags, i stuff it with sushi rice and scrambled eggs. of course, i would be biased so from a more objective point of view, my mum said it was nice too :D

p/s: but now i am not sure if i want to make them on Saturday again cos its alot of work!

No comments: