Thursday, September 06, 2007

work-life balance

had non-stop action today from 8.30am till 6pm. class after class, having group mates really ARGUING with each other over debate points. (the night before we had a meeting from 7pm till 9pm) was so drained that I just took a bath and plopped myself on the bed for a nap for about an hour before waking up for dinner + to do my prep for tomorrow's debate.

sleep is super important to me so i can never understand how people stay overnight in school, because if it were me, i would have quit school or my mother would have made me do so anyway. i wouldn't have been able to function either cos my nose will surely act up. i believe that there should be work-life balance and that there's a time to work and a time to rest. On the 7th day God rests too!

have a great work life balance. if you can help it.

woes of work apart, i really really enjoy my spanish lessons. even though it is an 8.30am class, i do feel excited to go to class. its of those lessons which i feel that i am actually learning rather than just going through the motion of it and msn-ing most of the time. best part of it is, i don't feel lost... which was what i felt most of the time during my korean classes last time. i especially love the way spanish sounds, with the word and accent rolling of your tongue. you can learn basic communication via these podcasts !

"i never really knew that you could dance like this
she makes a man wanna speak spanish
como se llama?
bonita, mi casa, su casa"
.... shakira - hips dont lie.

No comments: