Wednesday, February 20, 2008

comfortable in my own skin

i walked into wz's car with the initial aim of just going to ice-cream chefs for some sinful ice-cream but a phonecall later brought me to zouk for some random so-called adult activity of socialization. u can call me a cheena, an anti-social, a prude.. whatever you want, but staying true to myself means i really rather speak singlish/hokkien than squirm about listening to people speak in accented english, sing out loud and make the car my personal karaoke lounge than bob to club beats. it was like putting myself back to my rightful position when we excuses ourselves from the bar and headed ourselves to frogleg porridge in chinatown, speaking in our chapalang language of english, chinese, hokkien and cantonese. hanging out with people i really know.

now back home, i'm feeding myself with some soul from 方大同 khalil fong's latest album 未来. all i can say is that he's my idea of music and you really need to listen to him to know what i'm talking about. its amazing how some things, some people can make life seem more beautiful. like music for example. if i should want to find myself at a nightspot, it would be at a pub and this will be what i'd be feasting my ears on and accompanying my wine with. some good old jazz and soul.

i guess, we are just, different.

No comments: